Monday, March 9, 2009

P90X Round 2 Day 50: Yoga X

Today is the start of Week 8 or better known as Recovery Week!

So, for once I was actually looking forward to doing Yoga. I had such a good Yoga workout on Thursday that I thought today would be just as good. Well, it wasn't bad but it wasn't great either. Did not quite live up to my inflated expectations. I couldn't handle the slowness of the Warrior poses and ended up fast-forwarding to the balance poses. Which I did okay on. Then I got to the Yoga Belly 7 and struggled mightily! The damn scissors killed me. Anyways, I still made it through and am happy but I will probably not be looking forward to Yoga on Saturday!

The fun news of the day is that my wife began P90X today. She is being a trooper and doing the classic version instead of the lean. She had her ass kicked with Chest, Back, and ARX today. She showed me her workout tracker and did awesome on the push-ups and pull-ups. I was proud of her!

We both ate well today. And she gets to do "The Beast" Plyometrics tomorrow and I get to do one of my favorites, Core Synergistics!

Thanks for Reading,

Jeff

4 comments:

  1. I am not a big fan of yoga. However, during this first round I promised to do it. I am not so sure what I will do for the second round. Yeah, those warriors (moving asanas) are real boring and slow. Not to mention they take about 45 minutes to do.

    That is great about your wife! Keep her motivated!

    Boomer
    Project Exercise

    ReplyDelete
  2. Interestingly, I look forward to the salutations and warriors, as they're challenging for me and I'm making progress on all of them, especially the Warrior III's to Half Moon Twists. I'm still using the block (well, my push up bar) and probably will for quite some time, but I'm getting more and more flexible...which is the point. It's an intense leg workout, especially for the hammies and glutes. I mean, how long is the rear leg in the air during Warrior III's...20 minutes? Feels like it.

    Overall, Yoga isn't my favorite, but its growing on me, unlike the hair on my head.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Steve, I wish I could have your attitude about yoga ... But I think Boomer and I feel about the same way with yoga!

    I try and fool myself and sometimes it works. I do love the yoga belly series because it is a really good ab workout

    oh BTW ... I don't know if you guys have Academy Sporting Goods in your areas but I got yoga blocks there for $2.99!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well, don't get me wrong, I'm not a big fan of Yoga, but as I move through it, I find all the Vinyasa's to be challenging as it's actually producing a great, albeit different type of leg workout. Since I do Legs & Back on Friday and Yoga on Saturday, my legs are always "rickety" Sunday morning...I'm almost a tad bit sore every time!

    ReplyDelete