Tuesday, March 17, 2009

P90X Round 2 Day 58: Intervals X

Today I was full of energy when I got home from work and really wanted to Bring It! So, i decided to substitute Plyometrics with Intervals X from the P90X PLUS Series.
There comes a point with every P90X video where you have that day were you completely OWN that workout. You are finished and standing over your DVD player and you are thinking to yourself, "I just beat that workout like a rented mule!"

Well, that day has not yet come for me with Intervals X. As I was standing/kneeling/panting/crying over my DVD player today I heard the Intervals X video laugh loudly at me -- True story!

Man, this one is a killer. I mean it just whips me to the point of exhaustion and then continues to kick while I am down. It is 15 exercises and then you repeat these same 15 exercises in reverse order and it is all done in like 38 minutes! By the time I got to the jacks the second time I was running on fumes. Had to clear my head and push forward. I finished but lets just say it wasn't a strong finish -- this video alone makes the whole P90X PLUS series worth the cost -- it is that good!

Nutrition-wise I did good again. I ended up right at 2500 calories and was a little high on carbs (50%carbs/25% Protein/25% fat) because I had two Balance Bars instead of Pure Protein Bars and had an extra 1/2 cup of long grain rice with dinner. However, since I am entering Phase 3 of the program it may actually be time to add in some more carbs and less protein. I am not sure if I am going to do a full out Phase 3 (20% Protein/60% Carbs/20% Fat) or remain in Phase 2 (40% Protein/40% Carbs/20% Fat)? I have noticed my energy level has been a little down lately so the addition of carbs may be the right thing to do.

Anyways, I am off to watch, "The Biggest Loser" on Tivo. I am addicted to this show and may possibly be the only male in my age demographics (28-35) who actually watches this show and I am not afraid to admit it!!

Tomorrow is Shoulders, Arms, and ARX.

Thanks for Reading,

Jeff

2 comments:

  1. Looks like we had the same idea! I also sub'd our plyo for IXP. I love the workout, but it beats the day lights out of me!

    IMHO it is the most intense of all the P90Xish workouts (granted I haven't tried upper and total body yet).

    Enjoy Biggest Loser. It hasn't aired yet here in Hawaii. It will be on around 7pm HST.

    Boomer
    Project Exercise

    ReplyDelete
  2. You guys have me convinced that I need to get the Interval X workout. And BTW, good pic of the mule!

    Your nutrition is approaching what I'm doing, though I'm not counting my calories as closely. I've upped my carbs a bit, but am also keeping my protein up as well. My favorite meal as a single-man, red beans and long-grain rice, is making a comeback.

    I was low on carbs last week and I felt it when I did Chest and Back on Monday. After adding more carbs yesterday, this mornings round of Shoulders and Arms was rocking...I was so pumped after this one!

    ReplyDelete