Monday, March 23, 2009

P90X Round 2 Day 64: Chest & Back

So, today is the beginning of Week 10 and my fitness guide says that I am to start with Chest, Triceps, and Shoulders. Which is basically doing the weeks 5-8 routines again. Normally I like to follow this program as close to the book as possible. But since my wife Annie is in week 3 of P90X I decided to keep week 10 just like the weeks 1-4 routines so we can workout together. She is starting to really get in the groove of the program and it is something we can do together. She begins the recovery week next and I will do the weeks 5-9 routines up until the end and then in my week 12 and her week 5 will be the same again.

We both did good on the Chest & Back workout again. Annie actually doubled a bunch of her pullups and pushups on a couple of exercises. She hates the dive bombers though! I had some struggles with the close grip overhand pullups and the military pushups because my shoulder is still tweaking so I had to withhold a little intensity at the fear of hurting myself again.

The NO Xplode jacked me up big time again! This shit is great. It is giving me the energy to work harder and I am adding more reps and burning more calories so it is doing the job!

More good news - I found a do it yourself Protein Bar recipe online today and we went out and got all the ingredients. I am going to make it tomorrow and I will let you all know how it tastes and if it is any good I'll post the recipe.

Tomorrow is Plyo day!

Thanks for Reading,

Jeff

Thanks for

5 comments:

  1. In the grand scheme of things I don't think it will be a problem doing phase 1 workouts this week.

    I wish I could get all jacked up on NO Xplode. The only problem is since I workout right after I wake up, I don't have 30-45 minutes prior to drink it.

    Boomer
    Project Exercise

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jeff:

    It's great that you're working out with your wife. I wish I could get mine to do the same. She's seen the results I'm getting, but wants to get back into running again...not working out with a DVD. Have fun!

    I might try No Xplode for my morning workouts. I get up 30 minutes before I workout, so if I eschew my coffee for No Xplode, the timing might be the same.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Steve - Annie complained intially saying that she "likes the gym" and "does better by getting out of the house" and "I don't want to bulk up!" ... then after about a week of doing the X she hasn't mentioned any of these supposed drawbacks since.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looking forward to hearing about the homemade protein bars. If it's cheaper and still tastes good, I'm all ears.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Mark, they are in the fridge now "setting up" I will try the first on tomorrow!

    ReplyDelete