Sunday, March 22, 2009

P90X Round 2 Day 63: Kenpo X

I am putting another picture up of the NO Xplode because it was awesome. As far as pre-workout drinks go I have used SuperPump 250, Nano Vapor, and now NO Xplode. I also used some tablets called Amped or something like that ... I threw the bottle away and can't remember the name.

Well, today I took 2 scoops of NO Xplode (Lemonade Flavor) with about 10 oz of water and my energy level was scary good! I burned 381 calories doing Kenpo X and that is the most calories I have burned during this workout since I began P90X. Annie and I did the video together and she was annoyed at my energy level. During the breaks doing jacks I was doing them as fas as I could and trying to prod her to race me - she just gave me that look of "stop it now" -- every married man knows this look. I brought the hell out of today and had an awesome sweat and calorie burn to boot. Annie did awesome too. She had to work today and when she got home she was exhausted. She sucked it up and followed the first rule of Tony Horton - Just Push Play! She ended up burning over 300 cals and was happy she got in the Kenpo!

Back to the NO Xplode - maybe my perspective is a little skewed because I have not used a pre-workout performance enhancer in a few days but I was absolutely jacked up for the workout. I am talking jump out of the room jacked up! Since this was only day one of NOX I will continue to use it the next 27 days and report back at the end. But so far I was very impressed. Oh, and it tasted pretty good also -- much better than Nano Vapor or Super Pump250! Both of those gave me a good pump but SuperPump DESTROYED my stomach on a daily basis and Nano Vapor tasted just awful and the after taste lingered forever!

I was a little light on my carbs today for phase 3. For dinner we made grilled chicken breast with on a bed of vegetables and I was going to make a cup of whole wheat pasta and completely forgot. So, I ended up a little light on calories at 2300 and my ratio was around 40/40/20 since I forgot my pasta carb boost. The good news is I grilled up a ton of extra chicken so we are going to have chicken egg white scramblers (from the p90x nutrition guide) for breakfast - they are awesome - and I am excited!

Tomorrow is the beginning of Week 10 and my last Chest and Back workout for this round! It is a very cool feeling when you get to the point of the program where the word "last" is said in front of a P90X video!

Thanks for Reading,

Jeff

13 comments:

  1. My workouts are normally the first thing in the morning. As a consequence I don't get anything to eat prior to working out. I could use a boost. Do you think I could take NO Xplode immediately prior to working out or during my early morning workout without getting sick?

    Boomer
    Project Exercise

    ReplyDelete
  2. ....she just gave me that look of "stop it now" -- every married man knows this look. Roger that!

    OK, my morning pre-workout drink is a cup of joe. Not great, but it gets me going. Are you telling me this is better than that? Is it pure sucrose? I've never taken a pre-workout supplement so this has me intrigued, especially during the last 3-4 weeks of Phase 3.

    Don't forget, if your shoulder allows you to do your Pike Presses on a chair, do 'em! I did 7 (one better than previous). That may not be enough to do any good, but I wasn't going to be denied beating my previous best. Chest-Shoulders-Triceps rocked this morning and I'm still feelin' it two hours later!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Boomer, you definately can take No Xplode on an empty stomach in fact I think you're supposed to. I would not take it if you are going to workout after 2 or in the evening.

    Glenn

    ReplyDelete
  4. Boomer- most pre-workout supplements advise taking the supplement 345 minutes prior to working out. The only one that had a fairly quick activation time was MyoShock- and even that was like 15minutes. So, if you want the full effect, I would try and take it withiin the specified timeframe. I have noticed it usually take me at least 20 minutes to feel any effects from these type of supplements.

    Mike (justamanandhiswilltosurvive)

    ReplyDelete
  5. That was supposed to read 30-45 minutes prior. And they always advise on an empty stomach.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Also, to his point, you may want to consider how late you are comfortable taking it. I typically workout in the eqrly evening and as a result, I have to go to sleep later because it takes time for the NOXplode to work its way out of my system. The first time I used it, I didn't sleep all night! Of course, I used the max doseage too. Since then I'm using 1-2 scoops instead of 3.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks all for the 411!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Boomer,

    I agree with Glenn about the NO Xplode. It actually recommends taking it on an empty stomach. And I could not sleep last night .. I was jazzed until about 3am? Mike tells me I will adjust but it was weird -- I was exhausted but still jacked up??

    That being said if you take it when you first wake up and then get changed and get your equipment and DVDs ready it will probably start to take effect. I felt it both yesterday and today in about 5-10 minutes -- the label said this will vary with each person but it is working fast on me!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Steve, Glad to hear my old lady is not the only one with tha look...lol!

    And I am still in for the chair on the Pikes. This is my last week with Chest and Back and then shoulders and arms. Since my wife started P90X I am modifying a little so we can work out toghether until she gets her own routine, but week 11 and 12 i am going to do the C/S/T and Back and Biceps!

    oh and NO Xplode makes coffee seem like water!

    ReplyDelete
  10. BTW ... I am taking 2 scoops of the NO Xplode. I weight about 160 now if that helps when deciding how much to take. Mike weighs 200 and is taking 3 scoops.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Jeff, I may give it a shot. After I wake up I am usually in my workout room in about 20 minutes. I usually take about 5 minutes to put on my chest strap (HR monitor) and get the dvd playing. That gives me about 25 minutes prior to jacking up the weights. So, if your feeling it in about 10 minutes, then I may be able use it. Thanks for the extra info!

    Boomer
    Project Exercise

    ReplyDelete
  12. One more question... how long after the workout does NO Xplode drop you down and also, how far down do you get dropped? I do another workout about 4 hours after the first. I am wondering if I will be at a low energy level for the second workout.

    Boomer
    Project Exercise

    ReplyDelete
  13. The two days i have taken it I can't say I have noticed a real dropoff. With SuperPump about 2 hrs later I would be tired. This seems to reduce its effectiveness over a longer period of time and very gradual. You'd probably only need to take it once and you'd still be good for the 2nd workout.

    ReplyDelete